Shape our future as a Solution Architect with Capita Pay360
We love being at the forefront of payments and anti-fraud technology. There’s a buzz in knowing we’re recognised for excellence in software solutions - Pay360 by Capita is a PCI Awards for Excellence winner – and we’re certainly about much more than just payments. We’re proud to be leading the way with the latest software to help organisations optimise their revenue, improve efficiency, reduce costs and mitigate fraud that may result with customer payment transactions.
From introducing artificial intelligence for successful payment collections, to creating a unique risk-mining tool to counter fraud and money-laundering, we support over 6,000 private and public sector organisations to help them create a competitive advantage.
We’re successful because we know what lies behind our success - a team full of energy and ideas with the freedom to realise new opportunities and create better outcomes both for the organisations using our service and for their customers.
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
The successful candidate will join an existing, experienced team in the UK and work with several offshore delivery teams. The role is primarily home-based with the flexibility to attend offices around the UK when required (subject to COVID restrictions). You will work closely with the product team and the development teams, along with other business stakeholders.
You will be responsible for laying out the technical and architectural approach to be taken for software solutions and guiding the development teams as these designs are realised. You will provide technical leadership in accordance with best practice and defined organisational policies and procedures in order to ensure that the solutions delivered by Pay360 are effective, efficient and reliable and meet their objectives. On occasion you will directly work on high/low level design with the development teams.
You will work with our customer technical teams, internal stakeholders, supplier technical teams, technical director and technical teams to ensure the technology solution architecture meets functional and non-functional requirements and is achievable in timelines and budgets and to required quality specifications.
You will contribute to the development of product and solution roadmaps, performing initial research on proposed roadmap items to validate technical feasibility, define a high level approach and provide sizing estimates. You will also play a similar role in proposed client projects.
Finally you will participate in architectural governance activities such as monitoring the technical estate in order to keep it up to date and compliant with relevant requirements and policies.
- Design Solution Architecture for solutions/projects at Pay360, consulting relevant stakeholders and communicating it effectively to offshore architects and development teams
- High level design and occasionally low level design as needed in collaboration with offshore architects and development teams
- Investigate the feasibility of various technologies, reviewing development, operational and commercial considerations
- Assess third party products and services for suitability
- Provide proof of concept demonstrations of proposed technical approaches
- Attend development sprint team refinement sessions and other forums to provide guidance on implementation of designs
- Research potential product initiatives and client projects in relation to technical approach and advise on feasibility and high level sizing
- Participate in wider company forums discussing architecture direction and reviewing new technologies
- Contribute to the improvement of architectural and technical standards and working practices
- Monitor solutions and technologies for updates and issues, identifying technical debt to address
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven background as a technical, application or solution architect
- Knowledge of both Linux/Unix and Microsoft based technology stacks
- Java and .NET experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud architecture approaches, especially for distributed systems and providing Software as a Service
- Experience of implementing and integrating with third party products and services
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of application security and relevant techniques
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience with technical design modelling methods
- Payments industry knowledge – including good knowledge of acquiring, gateway, payment channels, payment methods, compliance and risk
- Knowledge and keen interest in emerging technologies
- Technology development best practices – knowledge of industry standard methods, tools and procedures for producing secure, scalable and robust technical solutions
- Strong prioritisation and decision-making skills
- A strong communicator with the ability to break complex topics down into key points for non-technical team members and clients
- Effective working on this kind of role primarily from home
- At least 2 years’ demonstratable experience as technical/solution architect in large software implementations and software development projects
- You will be from a strong technology background – navigating the implementation and technology challenges to deliver successfully
- Experience of complex integrations with multiple systems including API’s, Single Sign On
- Experience of securing complex systems to regulatory and compliance standards
- Experience of implementation of Azure technologies
- Previous experience working with offshore development partners
- (Desirable) Extensive experience and knowledge of payment software solutions and technologies
- (Desirable) Education: Degree level, preferably in subjects related to Science, Mathematics, Engineering or IT
Description of Business Function within the Capita Group:
Pay360 are going through the most exciting growth in our history. We are currently undertaking several strategic growth imperatives which will see incredible growth in the next 3 years. Working within the Pay360 team requires a dedicated, innovative approach with the ability to deliver in a very busy environment.
Our customers and partners operate across all sectors and range from sole traders through to multi-national enterprise and central government agencies serving customers from around the world.
Pay360 by Capita processes 255 million secure card payments worth £11.1 billion every year. We are not just a payments business. We own and operate a unique risk management platform featuring automated fraud prevention, KYC, AML, ID verification and workflow management capabilities. We have also introduced artificial intelligence into the debt recovery process to improve collections.
We support over 6,000 customers from a range of private and public sectors, including local government, health, housing, education, retail, e-commerce, gaming, financial services and hospitality, helping them to optimize their revenue.
As a leading software company, we also boast impressive credentials: a PCI Awards for Excellence winner, Pay360 offers 20 years’ experience in the payments market and provides the reassurance of being part of FTSE 250 company Capita.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.